Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ugly Sweater Party

Every year, our friends Steve and Cami Liechty have a Christmas party. Usually there are white elephants gifts but this year they added the "ugly sweater/retro ski wear" theme. I searched at the DI forever but there were not any sweaters for Jason or me. I ended up buying some ugly shirts but on Friday one of my students had on an awesome sweater that she was willing to let me borrow. I typically don't share clothes with students but Bri is a volleyball player and probably the only student in my classes that I would dare ask to borrow her sweater. We had a hard time deciding who would wear the prize article but it ended up being me, even though Jason looked great in it. He ended up wearing a not so ugly sweater borrowed from my dad. I was very impressed with some of the sweaters/outfits at the party-- a man in a woman's Christmas sweater does look pretty funny. This was the year of the "Snuggie" white elephant and a random miniature hamster also made an appearance. I was glad to only be saddled with a very handy notebook set and Jason got some lip gloss but gave away his Justin Bieber poster. It was a great night--lots of laughs and visiting with friends.


3 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Wow! That is one UGLY sweater! Who does that? You guys look awesome!

Shauna said...

That is so funny! Thanks for the laugh- I needed it!

Nicole Moultrie said...

hahahahah!