Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Max's Very Big Day

Saturday, February 4 was a very big day for Max. He was baptized at 10 am at the Providence South Stake Center. He was surrounded by family and friends. There were three other kids who were baptized but he was the only one from our ward (of 25 getting baptized this year). My best friend's daughter was also baptized. Jae and Max are only about a week apart- so it was fun to be there with them. It was a pretty big crowd and I was able to give the Holy Ghost talk. I was really sick on Friday night and woke up feeling pretty miserable on Saturday. My eyes were really red and I sounded hoarse. Jason was also not feeling great and had pretty much lost his voice too. The baptism was very nice and Max had a great big smile afterwards. He was confirmed in the High Council room. We had lots of family and friends, the bishop and primary leaders and his primary teacher in attendance. It was a very special day. I am proud of Max. He is growing up so much and really just an amazing kid.



After the baptism we had lunch at Nibley Elementary. We just got pizza and chips and pop and had every one bring desserts. I always love getting together with family. Max loves to socialize as well and had his favorite cousins all together. Notice everyone is eating but him...
Later that afternoon, we headed to the MC pool for his much awaited birthday party. We had to push it back a week because of a scheduling conflict but it worked out just fine. There were 13 boys to keep track of and I don't know how many times I counted them all. Max watched some older boys doing flips off the diving board and told me that he was going to try it. I was skeptical but sure enough, he went flipping right off the board. Max surprises me sometimes with his fearlessness, especially because some things (like the blood pressure cuff at the doctor's office) terrify him. It was a fun party and he got lots of fun things to play with. His friends definitely know what he likes.

Max also attended his first scout activity that week. It was the Blue and Gold banquet and he loved every minute of it. I think being with his buddies is the best part. He is such a social kid!

It was a very busy weekend and I was glad it all turned out perfect. After that, I got really sick and had to stay home from school for two days which never happens. Everyone has been sick around here and we are all finally recovering. It was worth it to celebrate Max's special day.

No comments: