Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birthday Week

Max's birthday lasted a long time this year...

It all started last Friday with a cousins day at the Rock Haus. Lots of fun and lots of craziness. The climbing there is not very kid friendly but it was fun.
On Saturday, Max and his dad went skiing.

On Sunday night we had cake and ice cream with Grandmas and Grandpas. Max got his dream cake (Lego Star Wars) and got some great gifts.

On Tuesday, Max's "real" birthday, we went to El Torro (Max's birthday choice three years running- I think he just likes to wear the hat) and opened presents. The kids were out of school so they go to relax at home with Grandma. I had parent/teacher conference meetings in the morning. We met with Max's teacher just before dinner and she had a glowing report. He is doing great in 1st grade!

Finally, on Wednesday I took cookies to Max's class and had fun watching him in his "element." His teacher is darling and the kids sang a cute birthday song for him. We went to see Yogi Bear with Luke after school. Max wasn't too sure about the 3D at first but was then amazed by the flying chips. We were the only ones in the theater and Klein spent most of the movie wandering around the theater.

I hope next year that one day will suffice for birthday celebrations- it has been an exhausting week!

No comments: